Friday, April 27, 2012

sleep is NOT overrated

I have been struggling. I am not sleeping. I am lost in a world that reigns with no schedules, no organization, cranky kids and a meal plan down the drain.

I seem so put together most of the time on the outside, but I am having some breakdowns and my kids are struggling as well.

SO............

I am going to change this. But only one thing at a time. I am starting with bedtimes. 

I had a lovely lunch with my oldest child, which knows me very well, to discuss our issues and what we can do about them.  We are starting with a nice bed time routine. I had a strict bed time routine when the boys were little. I have lost that. Of course, back then, they were my focus. I am afraid to say that Molly is not. I have  too many focuses. I talked earlier about your starfish. I know what mine is now.

I have three of them.

Nothing else can matter right now. I have a very important job of being a mom and wife. Those two things can change a family. And if more women focused on only those two things, it could change a nation. I know that men being dads and husbands make a difference, but I am a woman and thats all I can work on.

So, back to my routine. I called it the B routine.

Bath, bottle/breast, book, bed. 

This is something I chanted in my head for years. Why have I let this go???  Poor kid just needs some routine to feel better. Atleast I hope so. 

T also stated that they could help with clean up while I started Molly on her routine and then I could develop a routine with them as well. That's all kids really want isn't it. Time with us?

Tonight it starts. I will let you know what happens.

Next - stopping a midnight feeding.......

No comments:

Post a Comment