Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Decisions



We are still struggling with decisions in this house. I am a people pleaser and have created a child just like me. T is struggling with the decision to quit. While I am glad that he is thinking about it, it is mainly because he feels the need to please everyone. I talked to him about knowing what you want. My coffee cup teaches me this every morning... it is a Life is Good mug stating "Do you what you like, Like what you do." 



He was asking me, "How do I know what I want to do?" 

My words even spoke to my heart - if you want something, you know it. Don't hemhaw around and wonder if all you are doing are trying to figure out how to please everyone else.

Really????  How can I say this when I didn't even know this?! I have been struggling with the SAME issue. It is like God came down and spoke to both of us. Right when we needed it.

We know. Our hears are usually right. God lives there. I just choose not to listen to it most of the time. I try to please everyone else but God. Our Sunday School lesson talked about finding your starfish. We all have one. If you don't know who Rob Bell is or the NOOMA video series, find out. Listen. Be transformed.  I am tired of holding all the little pieces of shells, seeing the starfish God has for me, and not being able to grab a hold and reap the blessings.

http://nooma.com

Now is the time to know. To be aware of what your conscience is telling you. To wait for your starfish. Even if you are 11 (or 32 years) of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment