Sunday, April 8, 2012

from Palm Sunday to Easter

I speak at our local Wesley foundation quite often. I have always been so nervous! But, lately God has really blessed my heart with messages that can only be from Him.  

The last time I spoke, I amazed myself. I spoke on the importance of Palm Sunday and the Holy Week experience. We look at the crowds as the welcome in Jesus, and then how they cry for his Crucifixion. Isn't it intriguing how we can change so quickly?!

An author, I wish I could remember her name, talked about the fire we have for God on Sunday morning and how we deny his existence by the middle of the week. By not praying, by not rejoicing in God, we are denying His existence. We become the Friday crowd instead of the welcome committee of Palm Sunday. We fail at being Christians. Which is why I am so thankful for Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

I hope that I can learn from Palm Sunday and the Holy Week that I need to be aware of denying God throughout my week. To wave my Palm daily. To welcome God in every morning.  May we be resurrected with God this Easter!
Happy Easter from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment