Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the government is only what we make of it

“Make Jesus, your Lord, proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God's emissaries for keeping order. It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of fools... Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.” 1 Peter 2:13-17 (The Message Translation)

I am at my wits end with Christians that are rude and hateful towards our President. It does not matter wether you agree with him there or not, wether you helped put him there or not. We are called as Christians to respect our governmental officials and to believe that God is in control of even our government.

We are to respect the Government.
We are to treat everyone with respect.
We are God's people.


I believe in using your right to vote to make changes. I believe in the right to petition. I believe in proper debate.
I also believe in uprising.
How?
By being so passionate and factual about your beliefs and desires that you create an uprising that ends with the turn over by vote. We live in a democracy.
We created the government we live in.


I think most people want to sit around and complain and blame someone else.I have not had anyone bring a factual or passionate cry out for government change. There is no one knocking at my door with facts or asking me to vote a certain way.

I will not listen after someone starts with rude name calling about a government official. I will listen to factual arguements against policy and/or politician.

I am so fed up with the election process and we still have a while to go. It is something that I hope I can speak up against someday.
Today is not the season for that.

I have to trust that a measly one vote counts.

I have to believe that my God is bigger than the Government. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment