Monday, February 6, 2012

Here comes Valentines.....

Today I want to brag about my amazing husband. :)

I am blessed in so many ways by him. He does little things every day that show his love for me. Things like, running my phone and charger out to my car as I drive off in the morning. He gets the wipes wet for me when changing baby M. He shuts down the house so that I can go to bed early. He gives me a kiss for no reason. He gets up to help with baby M even when he know there is not much he can do when I feed. As Valentine's grows closer, I hope that I can show my husband how much I appreciate him and all the little things he does for us.

I used to think that presents were the key to these holidays. Hallmark, Walmart and tv help warp our views sometimes. I have learned that I can make this holiday, and every other one, what I want them to be. And, I want this day to be a special day to say I love you. I want to do something special for my husand and my children just becuase I have them. Just because I love them. Just because I can.

It will involve awesome meals, no chores for them, and lots of treats and goodies. Not the store bought crazy goodies, but homemade yummy and handmade cards.

I pray that you will find the joy of your marriage renewed this Valentines day...

I pray that you will get to the heart of your children this Valentines day...

I pray that we sing praises to God for all this lovin'....

The one thing in the Bible that I hold on to more than anything else, God IS Love. Unconditional, pure, simple, true love. A love that one day we will all witness.  I have taken the focus off of what others will do for me, but what can I do for others. I will find the joy in giving and receive the best gifts of all.



Here's to hearts, kisses and lovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment