Monday, December 5, 2011

technology struggling mom

ugh...I am trying to go digital. Like with calendar, menu plans, kids art work, pictures, scrapbooks, etc. This is not only hard for me, I DON'T LIKE IT!

For being so "green" in my life goals...I love books and paper. I just can't handle the piles of paper and the binders and the planners and the guilt of throwing away my childrens creations. I am hoping that the pursuit of happiness becomes evident quickly.


 I am using http://www.cozi.com/ to help with the family calendar and meny planning. It's menu feature is pretty dang cool. You can add recipes from ANY website to your recipe box. but, what about all those recipes I have compiled??? I am going to have to go through all of them and upload them/ type them in I guess.


I am trying to also use that calendar for everything family wise. I have decided to use the calendar on my phone for work only. I like to keep the two seperate if I can. I was trying to do all on one, but I hate typing it all in. Lazy - I know.

I am also researching all the ways I can use my kids art projects in a digital form. I am going to work on uploading them while I am home with the baby. I know, I will have plenty to do, but that is my crazy goal. Then, I can use them as wrapping paper or recycle them, or something else, fun. I thought about shrinking them all and making ornaments out of them. I also can put them into my scrapbooks.

Speaking of scrapbooks. I love to scrapbook, although I haven't in a while. I am hoping to start scrapbooking and sewing again after M gets here. I know, third kid and I think I have time??!!  Well, a girl can hope.

I am just not good at the typing into the smart phone thing. I am hoping to make time to do most on my new awesome laptop. I have gotten better at image management. But, if Facebook goes down, I have lost most of my memories.

Oh! technology, you make me crazy. So......I am hoping to learn and do better with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment